Peter T. Campana
Peter T. Campana has been practicing law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania since 1972. He began his career at the Public Defender’s Office and subsequently became the Lycoming County Chief Public Defender from 1974 to 1976.
Since 1977 Pete has been in private practice representing clients throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as well as the federal courts. Pete’s trials have included tax evasion cases, drug cases, homicides as well as DUIs and other criminal offenses.
Pete is also well known for his appellate work. Pete has successfully argued in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit as well as the Pennsylvania Appellate Courts. He has successfully challenged the use of DUI checkpoints at the local level as well as the appellate level.
In 1998, he was a founding member of the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He remains active in that association. As a result of his legal skills, Pete has been elected to the Who’s Who in America.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense 75%
- Personal Injury 13%
- Small Estates 12%
- Pennsylvania, 1972
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1988
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, pro hac vice, 1972
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1981
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D. - 1972
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- Pro Bono Award - North Penn Legal Services, 1990 - Present
- Elected to the Who’s Who in America
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Founding Member, 1998 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Public Defender’s Office, Lycoming County Chief Public Defender, Chief, 1974 to 1976
Pro Bono Activities
- North Penn Legal Services, 1990 to Present