Robert A. Hoffa
- Managing Shareholder, 2012
Robert A. Hoffa was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar in 1982. His career began working for Nino V. Tinari in Philadelphia. While in Philadelphia Rob's practice concentrated on criminal defense, in both the state and federal courts. He was a member of the Federal Defenders Criminal Justice Act Panel for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Rob has appeared in federal courts in the District of New Jersey, the District of Delaware, the Southern District of Illinois as well as the District of Indiana. He has argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit on several occasions. Most recently he was recognized as Pennsylvania's 10 Best Criminal Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in 2017.
After relocating to Lycoming County, Rob joined the firm as Of Counsel. In 2012 he became the managing shareholder for the firm.
Rob’s criminal practice concentrates on serious felony criminal charges, drug offenses, homicides, and federal criminal defense. In addition to his criminal practice, he handles personal injury claims ranging from medical malpractice to motor vehicle accidents.
Rob has a unique practice of equine law. He has been involved in the horse industry most of his live, Rob is a member of the American College of Equine Practitioners. He has represented trainers, breeders and associations throughout the United States.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Equine Law
- Civil Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1986
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2005
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- Washington & Jefferson College, Washington, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1979
- Equine Law Seminars, 2009 to 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Federal Defenders Criminal Justice Act Panel for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Member
- American College of Equine Practitioners, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Nino V. Tinari in Philadelphia, Associate, 1982 to 1987
- Robert A. Hoffa, Sole Proprietor, 1987 to 2012
Pro Bono Activities
- Participant, North Penn Legal Services Pro Bono Program, 2005 to Present
- Lambda Chi Alpha