A Strong Defense Against Any Assault Charge
Allegations or criminal charges of assault are serious, and they can seriously impact your life for years to come. At Campana, Hoffa & Morrone, P.C., we help individuals in Pennsylvania charged with assault present a strong defense. Our goal is to preserve your interests, protect your rights and fight to help you avoid a conviction and various penalties.
Our attorneys have decades of experience in various types of defense cases, and we understand how to develop an appropriate and effective defense strategy for each individual client. We are personally accessible and attentive to each client, which means you will have personal support and the information you need at every step of your assault defense case.
Types Of Assault In Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania state laws recognize two different types of assault, simple and aggravated. The differences between these two can have significant implications for your case and the specific penalties you are up against. To prove simple assault, the prosecution must be able to prove a person did at least one of the following:
- Intentionally tried to hurt someone else through knowing or reckless actions
- Caused a person’s death through negligence with a deadly weapon
- Attempted to physically intimidate another person with bodily injury
- Used a needle to harm a police officer or jail officer while in custody
In most cases, simple assault is a misdemeanor offense, but penalties can still include time behind bars. In order to convict a person of aggravated assault, the prosecution must prove a person did at least one of the following things:
- Caused serious bodily harm to another without concern for his or her life
- Tried to harm or threatened to harm police, firefighters or other authorities
- Intentionally hurt a teacher or person working at a school
- Used certain types of gases or a taser to harm police or other authorities
Aggravated assault is a felony, and penalties associated with this crime include years or even decades behind bars. These are serious charges, and our lawyers will fight on your behalf, diligently pursuing the best possible outcome to your individual situation.
Your Allies And Advocates
You do not have to face these serious charges alone. Allow our Williamsport legal team to evaluate your case and explain your defense options. Call 570-279-4163 or complete the online contact form for an appointment. We also defend college students and minors in Lycoming County facing assault charges.